Cheese Tortellini Soup
- 2 large cans chicken broth (Aldi large)
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup milk
- 4 T. flour (roughly)
- red pepper flakes
- 2 t. poultry seasoning
- ½ stick butter
- 1½ pounds cheese tortellini, frozen
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat the broth on stovetop.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables to broth. Cook for about 10 minutes on simmer.
- Combine milk and flour in jar or shaker container. Shake and pour slowly into broth.
- Add salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, poultry seasoning (about 2 t.), ½ stick butter. Whisk together then simmer for a few minutes.
- Add frozen cheese tortellini. Cook for length of time per package (less than 10 minutes?).
- At the last, add about ¾ cup whipping cream.
Serve on a cool day to warm the tummy.
This recipe was created from ingredients on hand one fall day, 10 October 2012 to be exact, for our lunch. We enjoyed it so much that I jotted the recipe down to keep. I made a note that we each ate three bowls and Jon especially loved it!
Please remember that YOU can be a creative cook. Use what you have. Read other recipes to get ideas and go from there.