Hearty Beef and Noodle Casserole
This is a variation of a Taste of Home magazine recipe
- 1 lb ground beef browned and drained
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 cup green pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 10 ounces wide noodles cooked and drained
- 2 cans cream of tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Drain beef into a bowl and discard greasy water somewhere other than a drain.Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.Sauté onion and peppers until tender.Add beef, Worcestershire, noodles and soups; mix well.Spoon into a greased casserole dish; top with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
This recipe freezes well in two 9x9 pans. Simply thaw and bake according to the directions above. Easy Variation: Mix in the UNcooked noodles and 3 cups of water into the other ingredients. Cover the dish with foil so the noodles can adequately steam/cook. The texture of this will be a bit different from the original recipe but it is easier if you're short on time.