Instant Pot Spaghetti in 30 minutes or less
Instant Pot Spaghetti in 30 minutes
Short on time for supper? Make this Spaghetti in a pressure cooker (I use an Instant Pot). From start to finish, have supper on the table in 30 minutes or less.
- 1 6 qt. pressure cooker I use an Instant Pot.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 24 oz. pasta sauce
- 2 cups water or broth
- 8 oz. pasta of choice
- cheese for topping, optional
- Using sauté setting on pressure cooker, brown the meat. Add all seasonings. Chopped onions and garlic may be used in place of the onion and garlic powder.
- Add 1/2 cup of water (or broth, if using) to deglaze pan, stirring.
- Add jar of sauce to cooker. Add remaining water (or broth) to sauce jar, shake, pour into cooker.
- With cooker set to "pressure cook" and the release value to "sealing", add pasta to pressure cooker. If using long noodles, break into 4 or so inch pieces. Using spoon, press pasta into sauce but do not stir.
- Cook on "pressure cook" for 8 minutes and use quick release (manual) when the 8 minutes is complete.
Several substitutions and tips are noted in my video tutorial. Watch IP Spaghetti tutorial HERE. I prefer to not use the "keep warm" setting so the pasta doesn't become soggy. Along the same lines, I find it best to serve this dish as soon as possible. It does reheat well the next day. Any type of pasta works in this recipe, traditional, gluten-free, or vegetable.