Southern Tea Punch, or Fruit Tea
- 5 family sized tea bags
- 1 ½ to 2 cups of sugar
- 24 oz. frozen OJ concentrate
- 24 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 64 oz. container of pineapple juice
- splash rum optional
- fresh mint optional
- Brew 5 family sized tea bags in 1 or 2 quarts of water. Before tea/water is cool, remove bags of tea and add 1 ½ to 2 cups of sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- In TWO one-gallon containers/pitchers, add to EACH one: 12 oz. frozen OJ concentrate and 12 oz. frozen lemonade concentrate.
- Divide one 64 oz. container of pineapple juice into the two containers, ½ in each jar. (This can be omitted if desired. My Mama never used it.)
- Add the brewed sweetened tea, ½ in each container. Fill the jars with water. You may also add ice and water to the jars, allowing the ice to melt for colder tea faster.
- A splash of rum or rum flavoring may be added, OR add fresh mint or a couple drops of high-quality peppermint essential oil.
Katie’s Timely Tips:
If space and budget allow, purchase lemonade mix, instant tea powder and frozen juices when they are on sale. Lemonade mixes tend to be drastically reduced in price at summer’s end. Stock up in anticipation of special occasion teas and punches.