Blueberry French Toast Casserole
- 12 slices stale bread or hearty bread such as Brioche crusts removed, cubed
- 16 oz. cream cheese cubed
- 1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
- 12 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 c. milk
- 1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1 T. butter
- Grease 9 x 13 casserole dish. Place half of the bread cubes in dish and cover with cream cheese cubes. Cover with blueberries and remaining bread cubes.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and syrup. Pour over bread mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and let set 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Bake 25 more minutes, uncovered. A knife inserted should return clean when thoroughly baked.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch and add to small saucepan with water. Whisk well while bringing to a boil on medium heat. Allow to boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add blueberries and reduce to a simmer until berries have burst. Add butter, stirring well.
- Enjoy sauce with Blueberry French Toast Casserole.