Cream Cheese Danish
Yield: 9 x 13 pan
- 2 tubes crescent roll dough (8 count tubes)
- 1 t. lemon juice
- 16 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 egg separated
- 1 c. sugar
- ½ c. pecans chopped
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. brown sugar
- Grease 9 x 13 baking pan or casserole dish.
- Unroll 1 can refrigerated crescent roll dough and gently pat into prepared pan, sealing cracks.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice and egg yolk until creamy. Pour onto dough in pan.
- Unroll second roll of dough and place the pieces on top of the cream cheese mixture, taking care to connect all gaps as much as possible.
- Beat egg white until broken and brush onto top of dough.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set.
- Sprinkle pecans and brown sugar over Danish and return to oven for 5 minutes.