Visit me at Heritage House for my video Bran Muffin tutorial
Mama's Bran Muffins
- 3 cups all bran or Raisin Bran
- 1 cup pure water boiling
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup healthy fat or oil
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- Pour water over cereal in medium mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and fat/oil. Stir well.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Stir well.
- Add bran mixture to flour mixture.
- Add buttermilk and eggs. Mix well
- Mixture may be refrigerated until ready to bake in greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until done.