Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
A friend and culinary expert, Marcey Taylor
- 2 c. AP flour
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 c. butter softened
- ½ t. almond extract
- ½ c. raspberry jam
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 ½ t. almond extract
- 2-3 t. water
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, butter and extract until well blended, 1-2 minutes.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour. Prepare parchment paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Remove from refrigerator and form into 1-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Make indention in middle of each cookie using thumb. Place ¼ t. jam in each thumbprint.
- Bake at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until slightly brown.
- Glaze when cooled. For glaze, combine powdered sugar, almond extract and water. Mix well.
Store up to one week in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.