Watch Mrs. Katie make the recipe in THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL.
- 1 lb ground turkey or chicken (or any meat)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can) undrained
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend cheese) divided
- 10-12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook meat with onion. (Add oil as needed if meat is very lean.)
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste and seasonings.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat for about 20 mintues, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced.
- In separate medium saucepan, melt butter.
- Whisk in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk, gradually
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and cook 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in half of shredded cheese. Set aside
- Pour half meat mixture in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- Cover with half of lasagna noodles, then with remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining noodles. Pour white sauce over noodles, covering completely. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes, or until noodles are done.
This recipe is from Mrs. Katie’s cookbook, “Supper’s Ready, Let’s Eat!” Read about it HERE.