Banana Lettuce Salad
My great-aunt Coriel Rauch, “Aunt Coco”
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and torn
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 sliced bananas
- Enough milk to thin dressing
- ¼ c. Miracle Whip salad dressing
- ¼ c. chopped peanuts
- Place lettuce and bananas in salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix Miracle Whip, sugar and enough milk to form a desired consistency of salad dressing.
- Mix dressing lightly into salad and toss. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts. Eat immediately.
Mayonnaise may be substituted for Miracle Whip salad dressing but end result won’t be as tangy. This seems like an odd salad but the combination is very appealing to me.