Classic Potato Salad from Vintage Newspaper Clipping
Classic Potato Salad
- 3 pounds potatoes 10 to 12, medium size
- 2 T. vinegar I use ACV.
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 t. celery seed
- 2 t. parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise
- Peel potatoes and boil until tender. Drain and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with vinegar. Cool.
- Cut potatoes into small pieces. Add onion and five chopped hard boiled eggs. Toss.
- Sprinkle with half of celery seed, parsley, salt and pepper. Toss. Repeat to cover completely with spices.
- Stir in mayonnaise and mix thoroughly.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish with remaining hard boiled egg, sliced, green pepper, parsley and paprika. Chill.
Note: This recipe comes from an old newspaper clipping. Do not substitute any other mayonnaise for Hellman's (Best Foods west of the Mississippi). Potato salad tastes better the second day.