- 2 T. sugar
- ¾ t. salt (I use Real Salt in my kitchen.)
- ¼ t. black pepper freshly ground
- 1 T. celery flakes
- 1 T. dried parsley flakes (or 2 T. chopped fresh parsley)
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar (I only use Bragg’s in my kitchen.)
- ½ to ¾ cup mayonnaise (The quality of mayo can affect foods.)
- 2 oz. chopped almonds roasted or raw
- 2 oz. dried cranberries chopped
- 8 oz. shaped pasta cooked (I use cavatappi found at Kroger.)
- 2 cans chicken breasts drained (or 2 cooked, chopped breasts)
- Mix together sugar, salt, black pepper, celery flakes and parsley.
- Add apple cider vinegar and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add almonds, cranberries, cooked pasta and chicken.
- Mix well and let the flavors marry in the refrigerator for a few hours before enjoying with Bran Muffins. Serve on lettuce for a pretty presentation.
This recipe was created after I tasted a similar one. I perfected it until mine was better than the original. Well, I think so. 🙂 Using canned chicken allows for faster assembly, but raises the cost of the dish. I have made gift baskets of these salad ingredients and the accompanying recipe card many times. The recipients appreciate having the makings for this good salad at a moment’s notice. Although I have not done so, the pasta could be omitted for a different type of chicken salad. Serve it on a bed of colorful lettuce with melba rounds.