Jennie's Potato Salad
Our sweet friend, Jennie, shared this idea with me and I make it every time her family joins us for holidays. It is a favorite of hers.
- Yellow mustard
- Chopped sweet pickles
- Onions chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Cook desired amount of peeled and chopped potatoes. Drain and let potatoes cool in the colander.
- Cook bacon and remove it from grease. Chop when cool.
- Finely chop onion and cook in bacon grease.
- Pour the onions and bacon grease over the potatoes (whether they have cooled or not).
- In an appropriately-sized bowl, mix mayonnaise, a little mustard, chopped sweet pickles and salt and pepper to taste. When potatoes are cooled, transfer the potato mixture to the large bowl of dressing and mix lightly but covering all potatoes.
- Refrigerate and enjoy with friends like we do with Jennie and her family.