WATCH Mrs. Katie Prepare This DISH
- 16 oz. canned oysters or fresh, drained, reserving liquid
- 15 saltine crackers crushed
- ½ cup evaporated milk, about enough to soften all cracker crumbs and maintain moisture
- 2 T. oyster liquid
- 4 dashes hot sauce We prefer Louisiana Hot Sauce for best flavor.
- several cracks of fresh black pepper
- Gently combine these ingredients and pour into small greased dish. Pour over the top 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Bake 350°F about 15-20 minutes until hot.
Enjoy with Thanksgiving or Christmas Dinner. Recipe may be halved.