Amber’s Favorite Squash Casserole
My variation of a southern classic, with options
- 4 qts canned summer squash with onions drained
- OR equivalent fresh or frozen squash cooked and drained
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 2 c. cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- 30 butter crackers or saltines crushed (optional with condensed soup)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (optional with cracker crumbs)
- Splash of seasoning such as Worcestershire Coconut Aminos, or Bragg’s Aminos (opt)
- Splash of hot sauce optional
- Combine all ingredients and pour into greased casserole dish.
- Top with additional cheese or buttered cracker crumbs.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.