Yields: Plan for 1-2 whole carrots per person
- about 12 medium carrots washed and sliced, or a large bag of baby carrots
- sweetener of choice
- 3 T. butter
- Put carrots in a saucepan that is large enough to contain the boiling water. Cover carrots with water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered or uncovered. When carrots are just at the fork-tender stage but not mushy, drain water and return carrots to pan on very low heat.
- Add sweetener of choice. One suggestion is ½ cup brown sugar.
- Add about 3 T. of butter.
- Seasonings may be added such as salt, grated lemon peel or ginger.
Try fresh or dried herbs such as parsley, rosemary, or thyme.