Favorite Fordhook Lima Beans
My creation after hearing a friend describe her method.
- 2 bags frozen Fordhook Lima beans
- 2 t. red pepper flakes
- 1 T. Celtic sea salt
- 2 T. coconut oil
- Add beans to cooking pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to simmer. Cook until beans are well-done, not just hot. This will take approximately 20-30 minutes or more. Be sure to not allow water to completely cook away. I have often had to add water during cooking time.
- When water is just about cooked out, then add salt, pepper flakes and coconut oil.
- On low heat, stirring, cook the beans a couple more minutes with the oil.
The result is a creamy, flavorsome lima bean dish.