Katie’s Favorite Squash Casserole
My favorite variation of Miss Daisy King’s recipe
- 3 lbs. yellow squash sliced, fresh or frozen
- ¾ c. onion chopped
- ½ c. green peppers chopped
- ¾ c. pecans chopped
- ¾ c. mayonnaise
- 1 ½ c. cheddar cheese shredded, divided
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 t. sugar
- 1 ½ t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- Cook squash and onions until tender in boiling water. Drain well.
- Combine squash with remaining ingredients, reserving ½ c. shredded cheese for topping.
- Mix well and pour into greased casserole dish, top with reserved cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes.