BBQ Boston Butt
- Boston Butt roast
- 1 small bottle liquid smoke
- 1 small bottle hot sauce
- 5 T. Greek seasoning
- 2 T. Onion powder
- Sear* the meat on both sides in a cast iron skillet.
- In a roasting pan, lay ample heavy duty foil to completely wrap the meat. Place seared meat on the foil.
- Pour/sprinkle the remaining four ingredients over the meat and seal tightly inside the foil.
- Roast at 275° for up to 7 hours. The meat should shred easily when done.
*To sear meat, heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Using tongs, add the cut of meat to the pan. Allow it to sear on each side until a thin crust forms, turning in the pan as necessary. If the cut contains plenty of fat (such as Boston Butt or Chuck Roast) there is no need to use grease. If the heat is high enough, the meat will not stick while searing. The purpose of searing is to lock in the juices, producing a more tender result. Use tongs rather than a meat fork to prevent juices from escaping.