Herbed Boneless Pork Loin
- 1 3 lb. boneless pork loin
- 2 T. parmesan cheese grated
- 2 T. dried rosemary
- ½ t. garlic powder
- 2 T. coarse black pepper
- 2 t. dried basil
- 2 t. dried thyme
- ¼ t. salt
- Dry pork with paper towels and set aside on baking sheet which is lined with foil, or in a roasting pan.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl, then rub all surfaces of the meat with seasonings. Thoroughly cover.
- Roast at 350° for 1 to 1 ½ hours or until internal meat thermometer registers 155°.
- Remove roast from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes before slicing to serve.
both in the oven and during the rest period.
We laugh when remembering that Brent took off work an entire day in order to prepare this meal for me on Valentine’s Day. Don’t let that discourage you, however. It is a simple and very tasty entrée.
Katie’s Timely Tips:
Investing in a meat thermometer is wise. These are not just for professional chefs. I have several types but my favorite one is digital. The digital portion is magnetic and is kept outside the oven during cooking while the probe, which is connected, remains inserted in the meat. It runs on a small battery which I haven’t had to replace in 20 years.