Hot Ham and Cheese Small Sandwiches
- party rolls
- butter melted
- onion powder or dried onions
- poppy seeds
- sliced cheese
- sliced ham
- For each package of *party rolls, do the following:
- Slice the rolls. (Try to do this all at once and not individually; it just saves time. A serrated knife is perfect for this job.) Replace bottom of rolls back into the aluminum pan.
- **Brush a combination of melted butter, onion powder or dried onions, and poppy seeds onto the bottom section of the rolls.
- Layer sliced cheese and sliced ham and replace the top of the rolls.
- Brush the tops of the rolls and cover with foil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Try various meats and cheeses. You might even experiment with various seasonings. I have read about using hot pepper jelly. Remember to make notes in your cookbooks, thus creating your own heritage recipes.
Notes: *Party, or Dinner, Rolls are found usually in the deli section of the grocery store, in aluminum pans.
**Purchase a good quality paint brush and use only in the kitchen for jobs like this.
These are just yummy sandwiches and easy for kids to make. JonBoy enjoys making these and loves eating them even more!