Cheese Tortellini Soup
- 2 large cans chicken broth (Aldi large)
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup milk
- 4 T. flour (roughly)
- red pepper flakes
- 2 t. poultry seasoning
- ½ stick butter
- 1½ pounds cheese tortellini, frozen
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- salt and pepper
- Heat the broth on stovetop.
- Add frozen mixed vegetables to broth. Cook for about 10 minutes on simmer.
- Combine milk and flour in jar or shaker container. Shake and pour slowly into broth.
- Add salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, poultry seasoning (about 2 t.), ½ stick butter. Whisk together then simmer for a few minutes.
- Add frozen cheese tortellini. Cook for length of time per package (less than 10 minutes?).
- At the last, add about ¾ cup whipping cream.
This recipe was created from ingredients on hand one fall day, 10 October 2012 to be exact, for our lunch. We enjoyed it so much that I jotted the recipe down to keep. I made a note that we each ate three bowls and Jon especially loved it!
Please remember that YOU can be a creative cook. Use what you have. Read other recipes to get ideas and go from there.