🌶Chicken Jalapeño Popper Soup
Watch Mrs. Katie make this soup HERE
Chicken Jalapeno Popper Soup
- 8-12 slices bacon reserve grease
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 medium-sized jalapeños chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 heads fresh cauliflower (or 1-2 bags frozen cauliflower)
- 1 T. butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese may use 16 oz., refer to video tutorial
- 1/4 cup cream whipping cream or half and half
- 2 t. salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 1 t. turmeric
- 2 t. cumin
- 2 t. chili powder
- 2 t. garlic powder IF not using minced garlic
- 2-4 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheese cheddar, Colby Jack or Monterey Jack, reserving about 1/4 cup for garnish
- Any or one of the following, I prefer the diced tomato option...
- 14-15 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- 12 oz. can salsa
- 1 can Rotel-style peppers and tomatoes undrained
- In stockpot or Dutch oven, cook bacon. Remove bacon to a bowl, then remove all grease, leaving about 2 T. in pot. (Grease may be reserved for another use or recipe.)
- Add butter. Sauté onion and peppers about 3-5 minutes, add garlic, if using minced garlic. Remove to bowl with bacon.
- To stockpot, add cauliflower and chicken broth. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer, cooking until cauliflower is tender.
- Add cream cheese and cream. Using immersion blender, puree the cauliflower mixture. A blender may be used if no immersion blender is available.Some chucks of cauliflower may be left, depending on personal preference. Also, some peppers and onions may be either left in pot with cauliflower when cooking, or returned to pot to be pureed with cauliflower. Again, personal preference.
- Return bacon, peppers and onions to stockpot.
- Add all spices and tomato product of choice.
- Add chicken and cheese. Stir and heat on med-low until heated through.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, additional bacon, candied jalapeños.