Creamy Chicken and Gnocchi
My creation after I craved a popular restaurant’s soup but couldn’t afford take-out,
- 1 carton chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- splash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. pepper
- ½ c. frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 c. cooked shredded chicken
- 1 pkg gnocchi*
- Melt/combine first 8 ingredients in medium soup pot on low-medium heat. Stir often until a smooth combined consistency is achieved. Whisk if that would help.
- Add spinach and chicken, stirring until combined.
- Add gnocchi. Cook on low until heated thoroughly.
- Add more broth or water, if desired. Stir occasionally.
Notes: *Gnocchi, loosely translated “knot in wood” or “knuckle”, is basically an Italian potato dumpling. These may be purchased in shelf boxes or refrigerated packages in grocery stores. These days I steer away from condensed soups but I had a can in the pantry and decided using it would be a quick way to thicken this creation. A popular franchise Italian restaurant serves a creamy soup which inspired my creation. While my attempt was not meant to duplicate their recipe, this creation is rather close. Although hesitant about the addition of spinach, Owen tasted and exclaimed, “Wow, Mom, I really like this!”