🍅Mrs. Katie’s Lasagna Soup🥫
Watch Mrs. Katie make this soup and her youngest son shares his thoughts on the taste.
Watch Lasagna Soup Video Tutorial HERE
Italian sausage, fresh tasting tomatoes, cheesy goodness and miniature lasagna noodles are the main players in this most DELICIOUS Lasagna Soup that Mrs. Katie is making today in the warm and cozy Heritage House.
- 1 stockpot or Dutch oven
- 16 or more ozs. Italian sausage, casings removed or bulk sausage or other meat of choice
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 T. oil
- 1 T. garlic minced
- 1 t. fennel seed
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 28 oz. beef stock or broth
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- 1 T. Italian seasoning blend
- ¼ t. black pepper
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. crushed red pepper
- 1 T. balsamic vinegar, optional
- 1 splash dry red wine, optional
- 2 ½ cups lasagna small-shaped pasta (Mafalda Corta) or broken lasagna noodles
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated + additional for garnish
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped + additional for garnish
- In stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage in oil, breaking up the sausage as desired. When almost browned, add onions and cook for about 3 minutes. Add garlic and fennel seed and cook about 1 minute, stirring.
- Continuing at medium heat, add all tomato products, beef broth and remaining seasonings. Stir to combine.
- Bring soup almost to boil, add pasta, stirring. High simmer until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Add to soup the Parmesan, ricotta and parsley. Stir.
- Serve hot, garnished with additional parsely and Parmesan, with crusty bread.