- 2 thinly sliced onions (I love Vidalias when in season.)
- potatoes, thinly sliced (In this video, I used 9-10 Yukon Golds.)
- 16 oz baby carrots
- 1 c. uncooked rice I used long grain brown rice.
- salt and pepper
- 2 pounds ground meat of choice, cooked
- 2 cans cream of tomato soup
- 2 cans hot water
- 2 t. paprika
- Layer ingredients into both dishes:onions, potatoes, carrots, and rice
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer ground meat.
- Combine cream of tomato soup, hot water, and paprika. Pour over the top of each casserole dish.
- Cover with foil.
- Convection oven 300 for 2 ½ hours.
- Conventional oven 325 for 3 hours.
was necessary for a few grains of rice to reach the liquid.
This is a tasty and plentiful dish. Try serving with sautéed green beans, green salad and
fresh whole grain bread.