Mrs. Katie’s Best Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
Fills 6 quart Instant Pot but may be altered to fill 8 quart.
- 1 lb ground meat of choice
- ½ - 1 onion chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 1 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 4-5 Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and cubed
- ½ bag baby carrots sliced if desired
- 1 can cut green beans drained
- ½ - 1 bag frozen organic whole kernel corn
- ½ - 1 bag frozen organic green peas OR lima beans
- 1 tbsp Italian Herb Blend
- 15 oz can diced organic tomatoes with liquid
- 6 oz can organic tomato paste
- 1 quart chicken or beef stock
- water enough to fill line on Instant Pot
- On saute setting, while stirring and breaking up the meat, saute the meat and onions until cooked through.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir well. Be sure soup ingredients have not exceeded fill line.
- Set Instant Pot to HIGH pressure for 10 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to decrease naturally for 5 minutes before releasing the pressure valve.
*I do not drain the rendered fat, therefore, I choose organic grass-fed beef.
**Time-saver when needing chopped garlic is to use the jarred product found in the produce grocery department.
***Homemade beef stock is best. When purchasing, I try to find products with no unnecessary ingredients like sugar, MSG or yeast extract (which is MSG).
Watch the video version of this recipe HERE)
What do you think?