Vegetable Lasagna using Green Lentil Pasta
Veggie Lasagna with Green Lentil Pasta
Try this vegetable lasagna with a variety of vegetables, your choice. The video tutorial explains the many options and shares helpful tips. Try this the next time Meatless Monday rolls around.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1½ lbs. fresh vegetables, diced frozen may be used as well
- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend
- 8 oz Vegetable Oven Ready Lasagna sheets I used Aldi's Green Lentil lasagna.
- 1 16-20 oz. jar Alfredo sauce
- 2 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oil over medium heat. Sauté garlic for one minute. Be careful to not burn it.
- Add vegetables and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Season with Italian blend, salt and pepper.
- Spray 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Assemble lasagna: Spread a thin layer of sauce on bottom of baking dish. Layer a third of the noodles, half vegetable mixture and thin layer of sauce. Repeat this process, ending with noodles and sauce on top. Cover with cheeses.
- Cover with foil. Bake 35-40 minutes at 400F. Remove foil, bake an additional 20 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned. Remove from oven. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving.
Please don't get hung up on how the layers are placed. The main thing to remember is that all noodles should be completely covered with liquid so they will cook and not be hard. Most any vegetables of choice will work with this recipe. Try squash, carrots, eggplant, onions, peppers and even mushrooms.